Grindrod recognises that engagement forms the basis for developing respect, trust and understanding between all stakeholders, which enhances their ability to achieve their aspirations and objectives in a mutually beneficial way.
Stakeholders and engagement objectives comprise:
- 12 314 ordinary and 1 925 preference shareholdings and the investment community – communications and meetings about financial and operational news.
- 5 881 employees on six continents – continuous engagement on business performance, career and personal growth.
- 14 unions and three bargaining councils – maintaining an open-door policy with unions (to which 20 per cent of employees belong) and bargaining councils (five per cent).
- Business partners – engagement to ensure mutual commitment and unlock the value of infrastructural assets.
- Almost 3 000 customers within integrated supply chains – engaged through personal interaction, events and written communication to ensure that Grindrod strategies and operations remain aligned to customer requirements and delivery expectations.
- In excess of 4 900 suppliers in the procurement chain – personal engagement and news updates to ensure that procurement is managed transparently and optimally.
- 32 countries, each with local and national governments, infrastructure authorities, governing bodies, NGOs and communities – engagement to promote and maintain sustainable and mutual value-add.
- Government departments and regulatory bodies – engagement through meetings, reports and written communications to ensure mutual understanding of compliances and compliance targeting.
Social responsibility investments favour education and environmental projects:
Go to the top